Thursday 8 November 2012

Thriller Plot


In a Lonely place

The thriller opens with a tracking shot of a 1950s looking women typing outside the front of the office from this we can clearly see she is a secretary. The camera tracks into the office to show a desk lamp, typewriter, shutters of a window and the shadow of a man with plumes of smoke billowing out into the air. The man is writing a message on a piece of paper saying, “I know where the abductor is” at this point a women storms in says to the secretary I have a message for john carter. She bursts through the door swinging dramatically as she go’s through quick shot reverse shot and eyeline match as a conversation proceeds. The women elegantly turned out with a European accent says “I know what you did to Freddie you will pay for this” and before john carter has a chance to defend him self she whips out a gun and shoots him. As she does this the secretary rushes in and says “Oh my god what have you done you killed Johnny”, as the non diegetic voiceover kicks in “I was in a lonely place when I met Diana I never knew the trouble she would cause I never knew she would lead me to my impending doom and gloom”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment